Getting Ready for Professional Pictures
INSIDE YOUR HOME:
- DE-CLUTTER the house. Remove all excess items. A cluttered home feels chaotic and small, but a bare house feels empty and cold. Find a happy medium.
- OPEN all curtains/blinds to let natural light in.
- TURN ON all lamps, chandeliers and other lighting. Make sure all light bulbs are working and bright.
- TURN OFF ceiling fans.
- CLEAN UP: The house doesn’t have to be spotless, but make sure all trash is cleared, carpets are vacuumed, wood floors mopped. Put remote controls, trash cans, and cords out of sight.
- KITCHEN: Clear off countertops including cookware, knives, appliances, paper towels, etc. Make sure refrigerator/freezer is free of magnets and pictures. Remove dishes from sink. Move trashcan to garage.
- BEDROOMS: Make beds. Clear bedside tables. Take down any personal items that you do not want to be photographed. Close dresser drawers and pick up any clothes. Remove hamper.
- BATHROOMS: Remove all toiletries from showers, countertops, etc. Remove used towels and place fresh towels in the bathrooms. Clean toilets, bathtubs, mirrors, and sinks. Put down toilet lid.
- DINING ROOM: Keep dining room table clear or you may have a simple center piece and set the table. Remove any high chairs/booster seats.
- ENTRY WAY: Remove shoes, jackets, keys, sunglasses, etc.
- PETS: Please put pets in a safe place that will no be photographed. Remove pet crates, bowls, beds, litterbox, food containers, leashes, etc.
OUTSIDE YOUR HOME:
- REMOVE tools, toys, garden hoses or other objects.
- SWEEP front walkway and clean up after pets.
- TRIM the lawn, hedges, or trees as needed.
- MOW and edge lawn.
- REMOVE CARS from driveway.
- REMOVE TRASHCANS from side of home so they are out of sight (in garage or at curb)
- CLEAN patio furniture, grill (undercover if good condition), etc. Place outdoor pillows on furniture.
- AVOID scheduling a photo session on trash day.
NOTE: The garage is typically not photographed and can be used to store items you remove from inside and outside home.